Tuesday, March 16, 2010

#4 Is #1

I have not been neglecting my blog, I am just having trouble coming up with something of interest. Growing up, I was taught, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Thus, my silence.


We have tried a few new restaurants and our response has been: NOT GOOD! I was really excited to take Pops to a place I had gone to previously for lunch. It was really good at lunch, but my dinner was just about not edible. It is an upscale home cooking place and I ordered the turkey and dressing. The dressing was the consistency of baby food, yes solid mush, and the turkey was mushy. The entire plate was drowning in runny gravy.


The most recent D Magazine had the top 16 barbecue restaurants in the Metroplex. We decided to try the number 1 spot last week for lunch. Such a disappointment. I'm not sure I would have even placed it in the top 16. The meat had a very smokey flavor, but that was about it.


I have talked about Smokey's in Ft. Worth previously. Still my #1 favorite. Smokey's was given the honor of being the #4 spot. I would definitely move Smokey's from #4 to #1 and just knock off the #1. We were going to go down the list and try them all, but after #1 being such a disappointment, I don't think I am going to waste my time.



post signature

No comments: