Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blogging World

The blogging world has been fun for me this week.

About 3 years ago, I was reading BooMama's blog. For those of you that don't know BooMama, she is the Queen of all bloggers. I don't think there is any woman in the blogging world that has not read her. I couldn't even tell you the post I was reading, but as I was reading the comments, I saw that a girl named "Janelle" had commented. Since I have a Janelle, I clicked on her blog. I was so surprised when I saw that she lived very close to me.

I sent her a comment on her blog. That started our cyber relationship. We have sent comments and emails to each other over the years about how we wanted to go to lunch. We finally did.

We met Monday at Chick-fil-A with Karsyn and Ellen and had a great 3 hour lunch. The girls played and played on the playground until they were red faced and exhausted. Janelle and I had a great time talking. It was so great to meet her in real life and we plan on doing it again.

We formed a connection because of our experiences in life. In reading each others posts, we saw that we had something in common that we could help each other with. What a neat way to meet someone!

On another note, last night I was at my book club and a girl that I only know through book club came up to me and said, "Can I ask you something? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Of course my answer was, "Sure, I will tell you anything you want to know." She said, "Are you Lolly? I read your blog and I thought that was you." Small world.


post signature

No comments: