Wednesday, April 18, 2007

La Joya Fine Mexican Dining

We found a new restaurant last week. Pops was driving down MacArthur Blvd. in Irving and spotted the sign. Since it said "Fine Mexican Dining", he wanted to check it out. His favorite restaurant is Javier's in Dallas.

We went right after the storm on Friday night and it was empty. I hope that it is only because everyone was scared to get out. It was great and we are hoping it will stay open so it can become one of our regulars.

The chips were very good and came with a red sauce and a green sauce. I have gotten into the habit of adding a little sugar to my hot sauce, but since we ordered Dr. Pepper and there was no sugar on the table, I decided not to ask for it. I didn't want the waiter to think I was weird.

We ordered the "Queso Fundido" for an appetizer. It was Oaxaca and Cotija cheese served in a hot (and I mean hot) lava rock Molcajete. The cheese was still bubbling after about 15 minutes. I had homemade chorizo in it and was served on homemade tortillas.

For my dinner, I ordered the "Pescado a la Mexicana." It was Red Snapper fried and served with chipotle-lime butter sauce and garnished with a tropical pico de gallo salsa and cilantro white rice. The sauce was hot and sweet and delicious.

Pops had the "Crepa de Pollo con Mole", aka Chicken Mole Enchiladas. Very rich and very good.

We were so full, but we couldn't walk out without trying the dessert. We had the "Crepas con Leche Quemada" which tasted just like the crepes that we get at Javier's. It was so good.

Pops is taking some students out next week and we are planning on taking them to La Joya. Can't wait.

No comments: