Saturday, April 14, 2007

Crazy Weather

We are so confused around here. We don't know if we need the air conditioner or the heater. Last Wednesday, it was 88 degrees. On Saturday, it was snowing. Snow is very unusual in Texas, but especially on April. There was snow on the bluebonnets. I don't think that has happened in years. But, that is what we expect in Texas. If you don't like the weather, just wait a day because it will change.

We have been hearing about a predicted storm for a couple of days. It was supposed to be bad. I was a little nervous.

I was nervous because both Pops and Justin had flight into DFW yesterday. I had already had a little scare with Justin earlier in the morning. He was in Puebla, Mexico working and when I first woke up, the news was on and there had been a 6.3 earthquake south of Mexico City and it was felt all the way to Mexico City, with power outages. Puebla is south, but he didn't know about it until he heard it on the news. He had told me the night before that he was in a hotel that was built in the 1500. I could just picture him under the rubble - that is what happens when you are a claustrophobic.

Anyway, Pops got in before the storm started and Justin got in afterwards. He landed a 9:00 p.m., but when I talked to him at 10:15, he was still on the tarmac. I would be dying!!!
About 6:00 p.m. the warning sirens started going off and on TV they were telling every one to take shelter in their bathtubs with mattress's over their head. We were pretty fascinated, so we we on the back porch watching the hail. By the time it finished, it looks liked we had had a snow storm. We had hail larger than the size of an egg, but others in the area reported softball size hail. About 8 miles from us, a tornado touched down.



I am supposed to fly out next week, and I am already worried about the weather.

No comments: