Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Celebration or Pappa's Barbecue???



Saturday afternoon as we were getting ready to go to church, Pop's asked if I wanted to eat at Celebration in Dallas or Pappadeaux. I answered, "Celebration." He then asked if I wanted Celebration or Clear Creek. I again answered, "Celebration." The conversation continued just like that and he finally agreed to go to Celebration. I don't think that is really where he wanted to go.

After church, we met Jennifer, Lamar and the girls and headed to Dallas. As we were on Northwest Highway, we spotted Pappa's Barbecue with a sign that said "All You Can Eat Combo for $12.95." Need I say more. Pop's busted a quick u-turn and headed to Pappa's. I did remind him that on Monday we had decided to start sharing meals and eat healthier. I don't think all you can eat barbecue fits that category.

Pappa's has great ribs. They have the traditional pork ribs, but also have huge beef ribs. You feel like a real pig when you eat them. They are about 8 inches long, 3 inches wide and 2 inches thick. They have a dry rub on them and have a really sweet mopping sauce. Delicious.

Of course Pop's got the all you can eat combo. I tried the brisket and it was really dry and the sausage had a funny flavor, but the ribs were definitely worth the trip. I had the beef rib plate ($7.95) and it came with 4 ribs and 2 sides. I had the coleslaw and potato salad and they were both very good.

My only suggestion is that they get some good bread. The only bread I saw was regular white sandwich bread. That won't do.

No comments: