Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Tolbert's Chili Parlor

Friday night, we decided to try a new place. It has been open for about 2 months so we were hoping that had gotten all of the kinks worked out. Justin called and wanted to go eat with us. When I told him where we were going, he said it was horrible, but agreed to go along for the free meal.

If you are going to go to a chili parlor, you need to try the chili, so that is what I had. I thought it was pretty good. I doctored it a little bit with some salt and sugar. It was served topped with cheese and onions and chips on the side. Pop's had some burrito's and he was not real thrilled with them.

What did Justin have at the chili parlor?????? Catfish. No wonder he thought it was bad. I tasted his catfish and I thought it was pretty good. I guess if I am going to go back, it will be by myself. I think one of the issues for Pop's and Justin is that we had a terrible waiter. I am guessing that it was probably his first day and he hadn't been out to eat very much in his life. We did feel sorry for him and gave him a good tip.

No comments: