Monday, August 28, 2006

Sushi - YUK!!!!



Have you ever noticed that there are trendy foods that everyone eats? I think the new trendy food is Sushi. I can't believe that anyone really likes it. I think they like it because they are supposed to like it. I have tried to be like those people, but I am not succeeding.

About 6 months ago I decided to give Sushi a try. Like I always do, I did my research to find the best place to get it. I chose Cowtown Sushi in Southlake. Pops, Justin and I went. We tried a bunch of different things and I decided that my favorite was the "Mt. Fuji Roll."

Jordan is one of those people. She claims to really like it. I promised her that I would get Sushi with her before she went back to college. We went back to Cowtown. Jordan likes true Sushi, not rolls. She got salmon, shrimp and eel.

I ordered the Mt. Fuji. It is fried crab, regular crab, cream cheese, avocado and several different sauces. (The picture is my actual roll). It was really pretty. The first bite was really good. After about four bites, I was thinking about what I was eating and I just couldn't do it anymore.

I gave it a good try, but I think that is my last. I definitely would never eat true Sushi. It reminds me of raw chicken. Slimy. Jordan and her friend Jeremy had Sushi a couple of weeks ago and he was telling us about the baby octopus. He said he had a hard time with the texture when he was swallowing and he could feel the head separate from the body. YUK!!!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by my place, A Chelsea Morning. The reason you chose the name of your blog becomes apparent pretty quickly! And I totally agree with the title of this post - huge YUK!!! I know people think sushi's the bees knees but thankyouverymuch I prefer my fish cooked.

Mom2fur said...

My daughter makes some simple sushi, but she uses cooked crab, not anything raw. What I don't like is the green seaweed paper wrapped around it. (Or am I talking sashimi? I never know.) Oh, btw...if you've ever eaten raw oysters or clams...they're alive. They better be, or you'd get sick, LOL! (Oysters, to me, are slimey. Clams are pretty good.)

Lolly said...

I don't know all the lingo. My daughter feels the same way about the seaweed. She orders her rolls without it. They look at her like she is crazy!