Monday, August 28, 2006

My Lunch Spot - Celebrity Bakery

I can't believe that after all of this time of writing about restaurants, I still have not written about my usual lunch spot, Celebrity Bakery. When it is around lunch time and Pop's has a break in the day and calls me, his first comment is, "Are you at Celebrity?" We are usually there 3 - 4 times a week.

It has been open for a little over two years. My friends and I made it "our lunch spot" because it was good and convenient and you just don't have to think about where you are going and how many will be there or when they will get there. My closest friends don't live by the same clock that I do.

You order at the counter, so you don't have to worry about taking up the servers table when you have a long drawn out lunch. Normally they last around 2 hours, but they have been know to extend almost to dinner (Jan). I remember leaving one day around 5:15.

Landrie loves Celebrity Bakery. She calls it "Celeberly Bakarey". She frequently asks if we can go for lunch. I usually bring her a "peanut jelly sandwich" or a cheeseburger, but she love to go for the cookies and the action. A lot of people around town have the same "lunch spot." You will usually run into someone you know there. Last week when we went, there were three other tables of friends. It is fun to see everyone and catch up with them.

A trip to Celebrity would not be complete without a trip next door to Penny Lane. Penny Lane is a gift store that is so cute and has a little bit of everything. You can get baby gifts, candles, Dept. 56 stuff, stationery, purses and even shoes! While it is fun to go in to see what's new, the fun is in seeing Penny and her sister Toni and whoever else is working that day. They always have great stories and it is just a fun place to hang out.

Now for the food. I have my favorites. Most of the time I get the "Cranberry Chicken Salad" sandwich. I do not like their regular chicken salad. It is very bland, but the "Cranberry Chicken Salad" is so good. It has a light honey mustard dressing with apples, pecans, celery and dried cranberries. It comes with chips, pickles, an olive, carrot slices and a "muffin of the day." Today it was strawberry. Del

No comments: