Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Surprises! - Some Good, Some Not So Good



I love surprises! I had two yesterday after my lunch at Celebrity Bakery.

The first was terrible. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I HATE geckos. For some reason we have a ton of them around our neighborhood and they frequently like to come inside for a visit. It does not matter to me if they are 1/2 inch long or 10 feet long, I HATE them and freak out.

Yesterday after we got home, Karsyn and I opened the front door to get the mail. When we did, apparently a gecko was on the top of the door and fell down, almost hitting us and running into the dining room under the pedestal of the table. I freaked out!!!! It was about 4 inches long.

I quickly set her down and decided I would get a clear glass bowl out of the kitchen and cover it up until Pops could get home and come to the rescue. I kept watch for about 30 minutes until Karsyn needed a bottle.

I finally made a "trap." I got some packing tape that was real sticky and put it upside down all around the table so that when it came out it would stick to the tape. For extra protection, I even went to Home Depot and bought some Mouse glue traps to set out. My trap didn't work.

When we got home from dinner last night, Pops was going upstairs and saw the monster in the entry hall. After 15 minutes of chasing and much screaming with me spraying WD40 on him, he ran out a tiny crack in the front door.

That was the bad surprise, now for the good one.

Landrie had been playing with her blocks in my bathroom. She left several of them in the shower. After we left for lunch, Pops went to take a shower and found the blocks. Instead of just throwing them in the toy box, he got creative and used them to leave me a message on the bathroom counter. It was a nice surprise after finding the monster.

No comments: