Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Sunday Night at Macaroni Grill


Pops was out of town Sunday night and the rest of the family was occupied, so Janelle and I decided to go to Macaroni Grill. It has always been one of my favorite restaurants until about 6 months ago. I don't know if they have changed some of the sauces or what, but over the last 6 months I have not been as crazy about it. One reason is that I have done the "create your own" several times. When you create your own, you choose the pasta, sauce and "add ons." I have to take the blame if it is not good, because it is my creation not theirs.

Janelle and I both decided to have one of our all time favorite dishes, the "Chicken Scallopini." It is breaded chicken that has been sauteed in a lemon butter sauce with bacon, capers, mushrooms and artichoke hearts, served over angel hair pasta. I changed mine up a little bit. I substituted sun dried tomatoes for the artichoke hearts. Janelle gets hers with only the chicken and bacon. It was very good. They give very large portions. I brought home my leftovers. I had part of it for a snack yesterday and lunch today.

We also had the Caesar salad. Their dressing is one of my favorites. For dessert we had Cheesecake. It was not as good as it usually is because it was not very cold. We will be back, just not creating our own.

No comments: