Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Another Birthday Lunch for Tina at the Cheesecake Factory



Pat, Donna, Tina and I have been friends for many years (15+). We always go to lunch to celebrate birthdays. Sometimes we make it on the actual day, but other times it is a week or a month later, but we don't forget.

We took Tina out yesterday to The Cheesecake Factory. I also had my two little favorite lunch companions with me. After we placed our drink order, the waitress brought the bread, my biggest weakness. If you have never been to the Cheesecake Factory, you need to go just for the brown bread and butter. It is warm, chewy and sweet. I could eat the bread and nothing else.

I ordered the "Cobb Salad". It was just average, nothing too exciting. Although my little companions are usually very good, there were a couple of interruptions yesterday, as in diapers that had to be changed during the meal and afterwards. Since I am "bathroom phobic", I take them out to the car to change their diapers. Karsyn was first. By the time I walked the long haul to the car in the 100 degree heat, I no longer had an appetite. That could be why the salad was "just okay."

I have been to the Cheesecake Factory many other times and loved it. Tina had the "Avocado Rolls" and they looked great. I tasted the sauce that came with them and could have eaten that by itself. I will definitely get that next time. We all split the "Raspberry Lemon Cream Cheesecake", and although I prefer plain cheesecake, it was delicious. After the dessert, I had to make my quick getaway back to the car to change another diaper.

Maybe next time my little companions will be a little more considerate with their timing.

No comments: