Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Piranha Killer Sushi

We had great sushi when we were in Hawaii. I have had sushi a few times, but it is not something that I crave. After eating it in Hawaii, I realized I didn't get enough. Right after we got home, I kept thinking about it.

Justin insisted that we go to Piranha Killer Sushi in downtown Ft. Worth for the best sushi around. We went the weekend after the wedding.




Justin was right, it was a great place. We started with La La's Jalapeno Poppers. They were fresh jalapenos, stuffed with cream cheese and salmon and fried with a tempura batter. They were served with a sweet soy glaze. Delicious!

Next, we ordered several rolls. I am a roll girl. I do not eat regular sushi or sashimi. Texture issues. It reminds me of raw chicken and that is not a pleasant thought. Two of my favorites are the Lobster Roll and the Forget About It Roll. Avocado, cream cheese, shrimp, crawfish and a great sauce. I order mine without the wasabi cream sauce. Too funky for me.

The main thing I like about their rolls is the seaweed wrapper they use. It is very thin and not chewy. You hardly know that it is there. Nothing like a piece of chewy seaweed that you can't bite through to ruin a great meal.


This was so good that I talked Jennifer into going again the next week. She is hooked now and says she is "craving sushi". We will definitely go again soon.


post signature

2 comments:

KirkKrew said...

I have thought about it EVERY week since we went. I just want to talk Lamar into going!

Janelle said...

GROSS ME OUT!!! Maggiano's or LaHa on the other hand sound FABULOUS!!! :)