Monday, May 17, 2010

Maui - Day #4

We booked a snorkeling trip for the morning after the wedding. We had to meet in the lobby at 6:15 a.m. We had a 30 minute drive to the marina. This is the boat we went on. I had planned to just stay on the boat and watch everyone else. The thought of getting all sticky in the salt water and staying like that for hours was not too appealing to me.

Pops and Justin decided that they were going to Snuba. We had never heard of snuba until now. It is a combination of snorkeling and scuba diving, without the tanks. You are tethered to a raft that holds the oxygen tank. You can go down about 15 feet.

Since they were snubaing, that left Shannon to snorkel all by herself. Since it was my first day being her mother-in-law and I wanted to excel at my new position, I sucked it up and went snorkeling. I was really glad that I did. Shannon, thank you for making me go! The water was not too cold and we saw some really cool stuff along with an eel.

We also saw a couple of whales and lots of dolphins. They looked like they were putting a show on for us. They were jumping and spinning all around the boat. At our second dive, we swam with several sea turtles.








Here is Justin in his Snuba gear.

We were exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel so we headed to the pool for an afternoon of relaxing and people watching.

We booked a luau at the Old Lahaina Luau for a post wedding party. We had lots of fun, but the lei's were so itchy.




post signature

1 comment:

Gigi2 said...

What a beautiful wedding! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. And the pictures are breath taking. Beautiful place.