Friday, February 12, 2010

Unexpected Treat

Yesterday in Texas, we had a unbelievable snow storm. When it snows, everything comes to a halt. All of my plans for the day got cancelled. I am not one to let anything stop me, so I made alternative plans.

There is a really neat restaurant in Dallas, Rise No. 1, that I have been wanting Pops to try. I was a little reluctant to take him for two reasons. The number one reason is that they don't take reservations for parties under 5, and it is always extremely crowded. The second reason is that they serve souffles. That is not really a hearty man's meal.


With the snow day, I was trying to think of someplace unique to go. I thought it would be the perfect day to go to Rise. I figured everyone would stay home and we wouldn't have to wait. Wrong! It was just as crowded as it normally is. Our option was to wait at least 45 minutes, or sit on the patio. The patio was covered with an awning and plastic sides, but there were heaters outside. We opted for the patio and it was so cool. It was snowing so hard and it was so neat to just sit outside and watch the snow fall down.

Pops had a cup of onion soup and I had the Rise salad. He had the crawfish souffle and I had the ham and cheese souffle. For dessert we split a raspberry souffle. He loved it!!! The atmosphere is awesome. The only warning I have, is be sure and bring lots of $$$, or take out a bank loan. It is not priced like your typical lunch. It is pretty pricey.



We decided this meal would be the start of our Valentine holiday. Can't wait to see what else is to come!


post signature

No comments: