Monday, October 12, 2009

Yucatan Taco Stand


I tried 3 new restaurants this week and I had so hoped that they would all be good, but the verdict is still out. The first one I went to was Yucatan Taco Stand on Magnolia in Ft. Worth. Jordan has eaten there several times and has been begging me to go with her. This is not your typical Tex-Mex restaurant.


We went on Monday night. According to Jordan, there is only one item to order from the menu, the Tequila Chicken Nachos, so that is what we had. She told me there would be more than enough for us to share. She was not lying! We didn't even make a dent in them. I think two more people could have shared them with us. The order was huge.


Here is the description for the nachos: Crispy corn tortilla chips topped with Chihuahua cheese, aged white cheddar, queso fresco, roasted tomatillo sauce, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeƱos. They actually had more than than. There were red onions and cabbage and I think another sauce.

They were very good. We didn't go until about 9:00 p.m., and we ate outside on the patio, so it was hard to see what we were eating. The nachos were a huge pile of chips with lots of layers. There was one particular layer of sauce that was so good, but I could never quite identify the taste. It seems like the actual menu had a couple of other sauces listed.


Definitely worth another try. The chicken was a little bland, so next time I think I will try the beef.
post signature

No comments: