Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ice Cream Recipe

Well, I think I have made a few people hungry for ice cream. I am thinking that I need to contact Williams Sonoma and make sure I get my commission.

I have been playing around with some recipes and here is what I have come up with.

Basic Ice Cream Base

1 Can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
2 C. Half and Half
2 C. Milk

This makes the perfect amount for a 1 1/2 quart ice cream maker. I am not a vanilla person, but if I were to make vanilla, I would probably add a couple of teaspoons of vanilla to this mixture.

I have used the low fat condensed milk and fat free half and half. My only "issue" is that I think it leaves a funky aftertaste. No one seemed to notice it.

For a fruity ice cream, add about 1 cup of pureed peaches, strawberries, bananas, etc. I added about 1/2 cup of sugar while it was in the food processor.

The family tells me the favorite is the coffee ice cream that I made. We love Mud Pie around our house is this is my version.

I microwaved about 1/2 C. milk for about 1 minute. To that, I added about 3 heaping tablespoons of instant coffee and stirred until it was dissolved. I added the coffee mixture to the vanilla mixture until it tasted "coffee enough". During the last five minutes, I added crushed Oreo's and toasted almonds. Really good.

Enjoy!

post signature

1 comment:

Tricia York said...

I could seriously beat you and hug you at the same time for this recipe. It's a good thing I don't have an ice cream maker because it's 10:30 and you KNOW what I'd be doing if I had one!!!