Friday, November 21, 2008

I Am The Best Wife In The World

Okay, I know that is a pretty big statement to make, but I definitely think Pops would agree. I also think he is the greatest husband in the world, and I know a lot of people who would agree with me. Not only is he a great husband, he is just a great person. He is well respected and loved by many people.

On Monday, we will have been married for 30 years. We are very blessed because it has been 30 wonderful years. That is one of the greatest blessings in my life. I know we have intentionally worked at it and made each other a priority, but I definitely think God has blessed us in our marriage in ways that only He can.

Pops treats me like a queen and makes me feel like the most special person in the world. I appreciate so much all that he does for me and how hard he has worked for our family over the years.

One of my "love languages" is gifts. I love to get them, and I really love to give them. I love to make a big deal out of gift giving and I love to sneak around and make them a big surprise.

For our 25th anniversary, I got a new wedding ring. This year I wanted to do something really special for him. I thought about what I was going to do a couple of months ago and I have been sneaking around for a couple of weeks trying to put it together. At times I had to make up some really creative lies, but I had such a blast sneaking around and trying to put this together. It was really hard for me to keep my secret for the past two weeks.

When Pops came home from work yesterday, I had this gift waiting for him in the driveway.


He was quite happy!

post signature

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

You and dad are both wonderful!! We are so blessed to have you as parents and as an example of what a marriage should truly be! Thank you for loving each other and loving us too! Happy Early Anniversary!