Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Travel Time Tuesday - My First Post

Annie over at "My Life as Annie" has started "Travel Times Tuesday," where bloggers dig into the past. Her charge this week is to go back to your first post and post it again, and tell how you started blogging.

Here is my first post about one of my favorite restaurants:


Since we were going to be alone for dinner (for the first time in a while), we decided to make it a special night and go to Pops new favorite restaurant Hibiscus. Diego was our waiter. He was funny and not stuffy and waiters at these restaurants sometimes are. We started out with an appetizer of "Baked Dungeness Crab Dip with Wood Oven Fried Crackers. This was my favorite part of the meal. The dip was full of crabmeat. You can eat the homemade crackers by themselves. They are so good. For anyone who has been to New York, it reminds me of the flatbread served there.Next we had salads. I had a dinner salad with ranch and Pops had the Caesar. Of course, I tasted his. It was very good. Next time I will order the Caesar. For our entree, I had the "Crispy Cracklin' Shrimp" and he had the "Three Pepper Crusted Prime Ribeye." The shrimp were huge. Pops said that his steak was one of the best he has ever had. We had "Pt. Reyes Bleu Cheese Glazed Spuds" and "Bourbon Creamed Corn." Pops loved the potatoes. I thought they were very good, but you need to love bleu cheese because it is very strong. The corn was sweet and had a good flavor.Those of you who know me well, know I love anything that is sweet.We finished the meal off with the special dessert of the day, Peach Cobbler with Lavender Vanilla Ice Cream. It was served straight from the oven. The ice cream had an interesting flavor, but it was delicious. I would definitely order it again.Writing this is making me hungry!! I am ready to decide where we will eat tonight.

Here is my post on why I started blogging:

I can't believe I hit 100 today. A year ago, I didn't even know what a blog was.Justin was looking for a Home Team for our church and he saw that one of them that he had been invited to had a website. He told me to look at it. I started wondering if other Home Teams had websites, so I googled "Fellowship Church" "Home Teams." Lots of hits came up and I started reading them. Several of them were blogs. That is when I got hooked.I started reading blogs of people I knew, and then one let to another and another and another. . . and I was hooked, and I am still hooked. You feel like you know these people after reading their stories. Some are just everyday life, but others are blogging about their tough times with tragic events and illnesses. I find myself praying for these people, and although I have never met them or even corresponded with them, I feel like I know them.I thought I would blog about restaurants because that is something that I know well, but it has turned into a family blog with a little bit about restaurants. I started my blog on July 30, 2006. I love looking back at the pictures of my little girls. If this is still going 20 years from now, I hope they will have a great time looking back at their lives.Thanks for reading.


Although she doesn't know it, Sarah at "In The Midst of It" was my first real inspiration to blog. I started reading her blog in May of 2006 and quickly came upon the blogs of her mother and aunt. They are all phenomenal writers and I have continued to follow their life stories. I am constantly amazed how I can read a new blog by someone hundreds of miles away and then realize that they are somehow connected to another blog I have read for months.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Very interesting! I looked at the map for directions to that restaurant! Your description made me want to go there! I live near OKC, but visit Dallas monthly. I love how you started blogging. I keep saying that I can't see why everyone doesn't blog, it is so much on so many levels.
Thanks for participating in TTT, it was nice to meet you!

Annie