Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dallas Arboretum





Since last week was Spring Break, I got a vacation too. Pops took off on Friday and we decided to go to the Dallas Arboretum. I can't believe that I have lived in the Metroplex for 48 years and have never been there before. I have heard about it for years. It was absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice.

We first stopped off at Eatzi's and got some lunch and took it with us. I always get the sandwich on bonebread. It is really thin, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. You really have to work to eat it, and it is really messy, but worth it.

We walked around for a couple of hours and it was great. It was a little windy, but was around 65 degrees. That doesn't happen very often in Texas. A lot of vines and trees were not in bloom yet, and there were still a lot of pansies. We are going to go back in about 3 or 4 weeks when all of the spring flowers are out. I am sure it will probably be about 90 then too.

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Gigi, you will have to fogive me for not posting. I am not very "blog smart" and forget to check comments. You are always so sweet and leave nice notes. I will get some pictures and post. Karsyn is MUCH better and back to her sweet self.