Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Al Biernats

One reason that I have not posted lately is because I have not really eaten any great food. Just the same old stuff. I need to have something exciting to write about.

Our 28th Wedding Anniversary was Friday and we decided to try something new. We went to Al Biernats. Everytime I pick up the newspaper, I always read about some sports star or celebrity in town eating there. We decided to give it a shot.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give it a 5. The bread was good. The waiter said they get their bread from Empire Baking Co. and Eatzies. There was some three chili cheese bread from Eatzies in the basket and it was good.

We had a shrimp cocktail that was good. The shrimp were huge. The sauce was just okay. Next we had a wedge salad with blue cheese and it was also okay. We both ordered fish specials. Mine was blacked grouper on top of corn risoto with lobster butter sauce and shrimp. The fish was too "steaky" for me. I like a moist flaky fish and this fish was too dry. Pops had a blackened shttp://www.blogger.com/jspellhtml/JSpell.jspnapper with crab on top that was served with linguine.

For dessert we had the coconut cream pie. It was also just okay. The cookie that was the garnish was really good. I may have just not gotten the right dish. I will give it another try.

I can't wait for dinner tonight. In a couple of hours, I will be eating at Hibiscus. Can't wait for the crab dip.

No comments: