Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jodi's Birthday Lunch



Jodi's birthday, #45, was on Sunday so we all went out to lunch on Monday. Her sweet nephew reminded her on Sunday that she was really not that old, she was just 1/2 of 90. That made her feel much younger.

We all met at my house at 12, except Jan who arrived at about 35 minutes late. That's not really too bad for Jan. She has been known to be much later. We got everyone loaded up in the car and headed to Brio Tuscan Grille in Southlake. Landrie was very upset when we pulled into the parking space. She started crying and said, "I wanted to go to Celebrity Bakery."

I would love for you to see Jodi at her birthday lunch, but she does not like to have her picture taken.



We started out with the "Zucchini Friti" (fried zucchini) for an appetizer. I had the wedge salad which was very good. It had a creamy Parmesan dressing with bacon and blue cheese. Jodi and I spit the "Shrimp Fra Diavolo." It was very good. It is penne pasta tossed with shrimp in a spicy cream sauce.

We had a very interesting conversation with the ladies next to us. Monday was 9/11 and they were retired flight attendants who decided to go to lunch and drown their sorrows with LOTS of wine. They were very friendly, talking about how cute Karsyn and Landrie were. They were a little surprised when I told them they were my granddaughters. They proceeded to ask if Tina was their mother. I told them that their mother was a teacher and was at work.

As they left, they stopped by and chatted a little bit more and proceeded to tell Jan how adorable her little girls were and that she (Jan) and her mother (me) looked just alike. I know I have lots of wrinkles, but I don't think I look THAT old. As a matter of fact, I don't think I look like Tina's mother either. We got a good laugh. It is scary to think that they probably got in their car and drove home in that condition.

In the end, Landrie had fun and recovered from the fact that we were not at Celebrity Bakery.

No comments: