Saturday, August 19, 2006

Pop's Birthday Dinner at Atlanta Fish Market

Oh how I wish there was an Atlanta Fish Market in Texas. I would even drive a couple of hours to eat there if I had to.

This is another Rachel Ray recommendation. The menu was huge. They have several fresh fishes that are served several different styles along with sushi. We started with the crab and shrimp dish with pita chips. It was hot, cheesy and delicious, but not as good as the dip at Hibiscus that I wrote about on a previous post. We also shared a blue cheese wedge that was served with hot crumbled bacon.

Pops had the snapper and I had garlic shrimp with a cream sauce served on top of grits and topped with Texas toast. I wish the shrimp had been a little more cooked (still kind of slimy), but it was really really good.

We were too full for dessert, but it looked good. You could eat here once a week for a year and not have the same entree. If we go back to Atlanta, I would eat here again and more than once.

Happy 49th Birthday Pops!

No comments: