Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lunch at The Silver Skillet Restaurant




My final review of Atlanta restaurants is The Silver Skillet. This has been open since the 50's. It is touted as being a place where famous people eat when in town and where several movies have been filmed.

Anytime breakfast is an option, Pop's will be ordering it. Since it was still early, and the Silver Skillet boasts about being voted "The Best Breakfast in Town", he ordered a bacon omelet. He said it was good. Being the southern girl that I am, I had to order the "Pimento Cheese Sandwich" with a side of potato salad. Pimento cheese is supposed to be the specialty of the house at all Georgia restaurants and I had not had mine yet.

The sandwich was just okay. It was homemade, but I would not try it again. One of my favorite foods that I always order (only if it is homemade) is potato salad. I was so disappointed. It was very bland.

As famous as The Silver Skillet is, I wouldn't try it again.

No comments: