Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dickey's Barbecue



One of our favorite barbecue restaurants is Dickey's. I have been going to Dickey's since I was about 16. I love the meat, but I am a big side person. When I choose a restaurant that features steak, barbecue or chicken, one of the big factors for me is the sides. If they don't have good bread or sides, forget it.

When I was 16, I used to work close to one of the original Dickey's in Grand Prairie. (They now have several franchises. Some are better than others. The Hurst location is good). I used to go get a quart of baked beans and potato salad to go and keep in the refrigerator to snack on. The potato salad is still on of my favorites of all time. It is very smooth and creamy, a little bit of mustard and very sweet and tangy. I have tried to reproduce it and have not been successful. They also have a baked potato casserole that is very good along with the beans and coleslaw.

The meat is all good. Very juicy, not dry and great sauce. On Tuesday nights, they have a sandwich special. Any meat with 1 side and a drink for $4.99. Can you guess what side I always get?

1 comment:

KirkKrew said...

I think you should mention that it gives you the hiccups too!! Gotta love that potato salad! :)