Monday, July 31, 2006

First Time Visit to Fresco's

I read a review in the Star-Telegram a few weeks ago about Fresco's in Watauga. It is a Mexican restaurant. We are always looking for good flavorful Mexican food. We decided to try it last night.

We arrived at 7:15 and told there would be a 15 minute wait for the six of us. By the looks of the waiting area, I knew that was not going to happen. Finally, 45 minutes later we were seated. I was so hungry and immediately dove into the chips and hot sauce. I doctored the hot sauce as I usually do with a dash of sugar. It was great. Very fresh and smoky tasting. The chips were fresh and crisp.

I ordered the "Chicken Tampiquena." The chicken had been marinated and had a very smoky flavor. It was topped with sauteed tomatoes, poblano pepper, onions and cheese. The guacamole was excellent. The rice and beans were average. It also came with a cheese and onion enchilada with red sauce that was very good.

As we so often do, I gave out samples to everyone else. They also liked it. The girls and Pops ordered combination plates that included tacos, enchiladas and flautas. They were all pretty average.

I really enjoyed my food and I would go back. The rest of the family thought it was just mediocre.

No comments: