Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Questions Getting Deeper

I almost didn't answer this question, but I decided that since it was the next in line, I'm going to answer it. Not just the easy and fun ones.

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Up until around February, we had attended the same church for 10 years. We LOVED our church. We have never given more time, money or service to any other organization in our lives. We saw huge life change at that church and were so happy to be a part of such a great place. Over the past few years, we began to sense that our season there was coming to an end. We started the search for a new church in February.

We so badly wanted to get "plugged in" somewhere that we visited 4 different churches on Easter weekend. You know, everyone puts on their best service for Christmas and Easter. We have visited several churches and we have not found one that closely resembles the love that we had for our former church around 2005.

What do I want in 2011 that I lacked in 2010? A church that I love and that I am excited to go to. I want to be excited for the weekend to come so that I can go to church. There were times at our former church that we would go on Saturday night and then go back on Sunday because it was so good. It wasn't about the pastor, it was about the people and what God was doing in their lives. There was an energy and an excitement around being somewhere that you loved.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The first date would be April 24th. That was the day that Justin and Shannon got married. We were in Maui (paradise) and so excited to welcome our daughter-in-law into our family.

The second date would have to be December 23rd. That was the day that we found out that we are having our first grandson. We are so excited to meet him in May.


This was a long awaited surprise. In early September, Justin and Shannon came over and showed us a picture of their positive pregnancy test. We were SO excited!!! They did not want us to say anything to anyone until she went to the Dr. two weeks later. We planned a family dinner at our house that night to tell the siblings. Unfortunately, they were a week off and the Dr. could not hear the heartbeat. He scheduled for them to come back the next Tuesday.

That is the biggest secret I have ever had to keep. 3 Weeks!!! I didn't say a word. Their sonogram was scheduled for December 17th. Shannon's parents live in West Texas. Since we found out about the baby first, they told them about the sex first.

By the way Justin had been acting, I thought for sure it was a girl. I even bought a girl outfit and wrapped it up for them. On the night of December 23rd, they brought over a huge present for us to open. We were shocked when we discovered an Easton baseball glove. I don't think I have ever been so surprised about anything in my life. There is a video of us opening the glove, but I will not post it here because it is not pretty. Justin says I look like I am having a seizure.

Can you guess what his name is going to be?


post signature

No comments: