Monday, September 7, 2009

Great Weekend - Walden Plantation



After being married for 30 years, we are having a little trouble buying gifts for each other. We have all the clothes we need and we have every gadget you can think of. But . . . giving gifts is very important to both of us and we refuse to stop giving them. I had a hard time coming up with something for Pop's birthday last month, so I decided to give him a trip.

I saw an ad in the paper for the Walden Plantation in Llano. It looked really neat. The ad was a full page ad in the Star-Telegram. While Pops was in the kitchen, I quickly tore the page out of the paper and hid it. I knew if he saw it, he would immediately say we have to go there. I made the reservation and wrapped the ad up in a box for his birthday.

We went this weekend, and I have to say, it was a fantastic trip. On the way down, we stopped in Waco and ate lunch at the Elite Cafe. Really good. Walden is way out in the sticks. I was shocked when we pulled up. It was much bigger than I thought it would be. The rooms were nice and very clean. It didn't even look like anyone had ever stayed in our room. The pool was great and it was right on the river. They serve dinner Friday and Saturday nights. We had dinner Saturday night and it was great. At night, we would go sit down by the river. Friday night a couple of deer ran by us.

They have several benches by the river and decks with tables and chairs. Breakfast is included with the room and it was great. We had lunch by the pool yesterday and it was also good. Last night we went to the famous Cooper's BBQ. It was not that great. We will not be going there again.

We will definitely come back to the Walden Plantation, hopefully several times a year. It would be a great place for a group trip or a family reunion. The longhorns in the picture are part of Walden; Tally and Moe.

Looking forward to a great week this week. Will post about it soon.

post signature

2 comments:

Gigi2 said...

And I am so close....I am going to check this out for Ed and I. Thanks!

Tricia York said...

This place looks beautiful! I hope that yall had a fun & relaxing time!