Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

I am a sucker, but I love Valentine's Day. I don't care if it is commercial or that people say it is stupid, I love it. What is wrong with showing people that you love them? I hope that we don't do it just one day a year, but I don't want to miss out on that one day.


I have toned down Valentine's Day a little. I used to buy all of the kids presents. This year, I just bought them for the little girls and sent cards to my big kids. I know that Justin "loved" getting a pink envelope with hearts all over it mailed to his office. I bet he got a little teasing about that, but hey, at least he knows I love him.


Pops is so good to me. I think I got a card in the mail almost everyday last week. I even got two this week. He made dinner reservations 4 weeks in advance. I love that. It is great to know that someone loves you and thinks about you all the time. He loves to surprise me with little things. He bought a Motown Valentine CD and had it playing in the car when I got in Saturday night.


We went to Blue Canyon in Rockwall. We had to park a mile away and I got horrible blisters on the bottom of my feet (3 inch heels are not made for hiking). Pops ordered his steak well done and it came out mooing, and he got it back after I had finished my meal. The waiter spilled Dr. Pepper in my lap. I stood in the rain waiting for him to pick me up since my now bare feet couldn't make it another mile back to the car.

But it was a great night in spite of it all.

post signature

No comments: