Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Schools Out For Summer

I wish I knew how to add songs to my blog, because I would have the song from The Hit Crew, "Schools Out for Summer" playing. For me, that means I am retired from babysitting for a while. Will I see the girls? Yes, probably everyday, but they will just not be my full time responsibility. I get to be "just Lolly" and I love every minute of it.

We went to eat dinner with them Sunday night and I just held and rocked Landrie and loved every minute of it. I can change from disciplinarian mode to Lolly mode really quick. I love Lolly mode.

I'm so excited for a change in pace that I don't know what to do with myself. I have been swimming, shopping, going to lunch and book club. I am going to start volunteering in the office at church next week and we have trips planned to Scotland and Disneyland.

I have also promised Janelle I would make a trip out west to Abilene. It is so hard for me to sit still and drive that long boring drive. She got very creative for my birthday and gave me a gift card to my favorite store in Abilene, Jordan Taylor. She knew that would guarantee I would make the trip.

I am so proud of her. She is officially a senior. She is taking English this summer and will have a light load in the fall and spring. She has a great job and has a job offer with the same employer after she graduates. Since I don't have a single college hour, it is very hard for me to believe that as of next May, all four of my children will be college graduates. I guess that means I am really old!!!


post signature

No comments: