Saturday, May 3, 2008

To Dallas Again - More New Restaurants

First of all, I am ready to fire Time Warner. I have had internet issues for 8 days now. Most of the time I don't have a connection, but every once in a while, I get lucky. They came out Tuesday and said it would be fixed Wednesday, because the problem is with an outside street line. I have called several times and have been told that once it is scheduled, they have 72 hours to fix it. I called yesterday to tell them my 72 hours is up and then was told it can take up to a week. He assured me it would be fixed today because they are usually fixed within 24 hours. None of it makes any sense to me, but hopefully it will be fixed soon. Dial-up is brutal.

I get easily bored and like variety in my life. I am also that way about restaurants. In the past week, I have eaten in Dallas 4 times. We are planning on going back tonight. We already have reservations for next Friday and Saturday in Dallas. We love to go different places.

Last night, we headed to South Dallas to Hattie's on Bishop Street. I knew I should have made a reservation, but wasn't sure what time we would be heading out. When we arrived at Hattie's at 7:30, we were told they could seat us between 8:30 and 9:00. We decided to head down the street and see what else we could find.

We came across a restaurant called Cafe Vera Cruz. The inside was so neat. The building is very old and eclectic and had some of the neatest art. It was very contemporary and not something that would work in my house, but was fun to look at. We started out at an uncomfortable table at the bar, but were shortly moved to a table. Thank goodness. The bar stools were so tall that my feet were dangling with nothing to rest them on. It was everything I could do to keep my shoes on. I do know better than to try to go someplace on a weekend night without reservations, so I have just been reminded once again.

I had the chicken enchiladas that were just fair, but Pops had the Mole enchiladas that were off the chart. The only other place I have had any that came close is a restaurant in San Jose, California. We were so happy to find some that were excellent and much closer. There were a lot of different things on the menu and I am anxious to go back and check them out.

Bishop St. is a very unique "artsy" area and fun to walk around. Really different shops with really different people. You feel like you are "out of town". It didn't hurt at all that it was 70 degrees outside.

We are going to make a reservation for Hattie's tonight and hopefully go back. Reservations, Reservations, Reservations!!!

post signature

No comments: