Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fun Summer

It is hard to believe that 5 days ago, I was relaxing on the beach in La Jolla. It only takes about 24 hours to come back home and get back to the real world and forget how fun and relaxing your time away was. The only negative about my traveling is that while I am laying on the beach, Pops is working. We need to add on a couple of days so he can relax too.

We are going to Vegas soon, so he will get to do his favorite thing, which is lay out by the Bellagio pool and read. This trip will be extra fun because we are going with Jim and Kathy and Tom and Donna. I can't wait.

The rest of the summer, it looks like we will be going to San Francisco again, San Diego two more times, Philadelphia and Vancouver. Although Pops has to work, he does love having a dinner companion at night and someone to sleep with. :)

I am hoping the weather will calm down. I don't know how many more stressful flights I can take. When we were at the airport at DFW on Tuesday, we were watching the planes stack up and NOT take off. After an hour, they had still not moved and we counted 30, but we could not see the whole runway, plus there are several runways. I got a little nervous. They still loaded us up and took us out to wait. I took 2 pills before I got on and then took 2 more after the pilot said there were 40 ahead of us and not moving. I was so relaxed and sleepy that I didn't even care. The AC was on full force and I slept a bunch. I even slept in the car on the way to the hotel. I was quite happy!!!!

On our way home, we were delayed by 1 1/2 hours, but we were waiting in the airport, so that wasn't as bad. I hope the rain will stop after this week and we will be smooth sailing the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

"40 ahead of us" Are you kidding? That is crazy!!

Sounds like a fun summer so far.