Sunday, June 24, 2007

Remington's Seafood Grill

Last night, we went to Remington's Seafood Grill in Addison with the Wades ,for our monthly dinner. Although Remington's has been around for 25 years, I have never heard of it.

It is hard to find a seafood restaurant that is just plain old seafood without Asian fusion or something fancy. Remington's is just that.

We were starving by the time we sat down and I was very disappointed when the waiter brought the bread. It was cold bread that didn't have much taste at all. Since I am a bread lover, the bread is always important to me. Remington's quickly redeemed itself when the gumbo came. It was pure seafood, no rice or filler. I ordered the Caesar salad and it was one of the best that I have ever had. It had homemade croutons and lots of Parmesan cheese.

I decided to order the crab cakes since the menu said they were "Dallas' best homemade crab cakes." There was no filler, but I am not sure that it was all crab. It tasted like a little crab mixed with some type of fish. They were a little on the bland side. I had a baked potato and it was great. Pops had the stuffed flounder with lobster sauce. I didn't taste it, but I think I would have liked it better than the crab cakes.

We were too full to try dessert, but the flourless chocolate cake sounded really good along with the Key Lime Pie. I would definitely give Remington's another try. Note to Remington's: Get some better bread. There are plenty of bakeries around that can fix you up,

2 comments:

Annie said...

I read your comment about the breakfast casserole ... I thought it was so funny that it was posted on the diet devo post. :o)
That casserole is perfect for a brunch or when you have guests staying the night and it serves a lot of people!

Barb said...

Thanks for stopping by Lolly. Just wanted to let you know your name is in the hat for the wedding favor giveaway.