Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cafe Italia

First post on my new laptop. I love it! Nice to be in the kitchen and not have to share with anyone!

Saturday night after church, we went to Cafe Italia on Grapevine Highway with Jim and Kathy. Although the service was a little rough due to what I believe was a language barrier, we had a great experience.

The bread was just average white loaf bread served with butter. The salad was very crisp and green, much better than served at most restaurants. I ordered Ranch dressing, but was served the house Italian. It was tomato based, tangy and good. I ordered the special of the night which was great. It was 2 pieces of chicken rolled up with spinach and cheese inside and served with a pink sauce with mushrooms and shrimp. I hope it is a regular because I would definitely order it again. It was served with a side of pasta with red sauce and I requested just plain pasta to soak up the great pink sauce.

For dessert we split the cappuccino pie. It was great. Great food, great company.

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

This is so great to know! I pass by this restaurant all the time and always wonder if it's good, but I'm always afraid to try new places, which is why I love your blog. Thanks for the review. I will have to try it now.