Monday, October 2, 2006

Barbecue in Argyle



We have always been adventuresome in our eating. We have traveled many miles just to try a new restaurant. Back about 15 years ago, we heard about a barbecue restaurant in Tioga. To be honest, I really don't remember much about it at all.

Friday, I was reading the paper and I read that Clark's Outpost in Tioga has opened up a new restaurant in Argyle, so that is where we headed for dinner. It was located in a strip center. There is not much else in Argyle.

We were pleasantly surprised by our meal. I ordered the barbecued ribs. They had a dry rub and were very tender and smoky. The coleslaw was great, but the potato salad was just average. Pops had the beef and sausage. It was also good and the red beans were good as well. It was served with Texas toast.

The read draw (and I have to admit the real reason I wanted to go to Argyle) is the dessert. There used to be a tiny diner in Argyle called Evelyn's. Her specialty was homemade pies. Clark's has her pies on their dessert menu. Since pie is my favorite dessert, I could not pass it up.

They had very little pie left when we arrived, so we ordered dessert before our meal. We wanted to make sure we got what we came for. We ordered lemon meringue and coconut meringue. I will have to say the coconut was probably one of the best I have ever had.

Argyle is about 12 miles south of Denton. It was worth the drive.

No comments: