Monday, October 2, 2006

Finally - Dinner at Celebration


Saturday morning as I was driving to Gymboree, I was thinking about where we could go different for dinner. Celebration popped in my head and I thought about it several times throughout the day.

When I got home, Pops said "Let's go to Celebration tonight." Believe it or not, that does happen frequently. It has been a long time since we have been there. If you remember my post from September 6th, we were headed to Celebration and got diverted to Pappa's barbecue. Not tonight.

We went to church and sat in our usual seats. Ted and Tina came sat right behind us like they usually do. As usual, we started talking about where we were going to eat. Tina said she had thought of Celebration. She had never been there before, but was trying to find some place new.
With 3 people independently choosing Celebration, it was meant to be.

We met them there. It was as good as always. My favorite part of the meal is the salad. It is served family style with homemade dressings and croutons. I could eat the salad only and be completely satisfied.

Between us we had pot roast, meatloaf and chicken fried steak. No one was disappointed. The vegetables served family style were mashed potatoes with cream gravy and roast beef gravy, sauteed yellow squash and broccoli casserole.

To top it all off we had several servings of the bread basket. It consists of jalapeno cornbread, delicious rolls (with butter and honey of course), blueberry muffins and pumpkin muffins. Great meal!

No comments: