Friday, November 27, 2009

Food

Ouch!

I received the following comment on my last post:

I reread this post several times thinking surely I missed something. You filled your basket thinking how lucky you are. You cooked thinking how blessed you are. Did you not think to put a few things in your basket for the person with no FOOD! Or perhaps take some of the delicious foods you prepared to that person. You spoke of how "we" help people around the world. Lady, obviously you don't help people anywhere. You should be ashamed.

I try to be a humble person and not focus on myself. I didn't want my last post to be about me, but to be about all of the hurting, lonely, hungry people in our community.

Let me assure you that the person I wrote about now has more food than could fit in their pantry. It should be more than enough to last until Christmas. Not just generic food, but I made sure to ask about specific favorites. I personally buy generic brands, but I made sure that I bought only name brands. I also made sure there was some of my homemade dressing and a bag of favorite candy. I wanted it to be special for this person.

It's not about me.

post signature

6 comments:

Stacy P. said...

WELL...I am furious! Obviously whoever wrote that post doesn't have a clue about how generous Lolly is and how she has further instilled that value in her children as well!

I would like the anonymous person who wrote that to know that I personally know this family and they are as selfless as they come! I am certain that the reason Lolly didn't post about all that she had done to help others at Thanksgiving because that is NOT why you do those things! You do them to make a difference in someone else's life NOT to pat yourself on the back or brag to others about your good work. Besides, Jesus knows what you do and how you live your life and isn't that what REALLY who matters anyway? God loves a cheerful giver...not a boastful one!

I pray that the person who posted that ugly comment not only helped someone this Thanksgiving, but also will rethink before judging a person that you do not even know...becuase if you knew Lolly, that post would NEVER have been written!

Lolly said...

Thanks Stacy. You are such a cheerful giver. How many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches did you make and serve in the 100+ degree weather? You get it, it is not about you, it is about the other person. You do it because you feel led to help someone, not for any other reason.

Janelle said...

Clearly whoever this person is doesn't have a clue about who Lolly is.

I can't help but laugh at their ignorance considering Pops and Lolly both are the MOST GIVING AND GENEROUS people I know.

They will give and give even when they don't have the extra money if it means making a differene for someone else and providing them with a meal to eat.

Whoever that post was from is IGNORANT, and you can only pray they know what it means to have a cheerful heart and do it for the Lord, rather than man's approval!!

Amy Wade said...

Blah...Blah...Blah to the anonymous blogger. To assume and accuse someone you don't even know shows that you must be a bitter person and that it is clearly all about you. You obviously have an axe to grind. Helping others for God's glory, not YOUR approval is what Laura does. I know this because I know her and love her.

jmac said...

Posters who throw stones should always watch their backs...if ya know what I mean!!
I don't even know you well yet but I already sense your giving and generous ways...
And don't worry, girlfriend....we've got YOUR back!!

Tricia York said...

Don't sweat that hater, Laura! You are an AMAZING person and are loved by SO many! I am so proud of you for making a difference in the lives of the people around you (including mine!). You are TOPS in my book! Love you!