Friday, September 25, 2009

Are You Serious???


I have the best family in the world, and that includes my nieces and nephew. They all live close by and they are like my own children.


A couple of months ago, two of my nieces, Ashley and Whitney started a blog. Their blog is called Shanty 2 Chic and they have a great knack for taking junk and turning it into treasures for almost nothing. They have made the cutest things.


This afternoon, I was over at Whitney's house and we were talking blogs. She showed me an email that she got from the makers of Gorilla Glue asking her if they could send her some of their products.

I knew they had a great following from their comments, but I had no idea what it really was. I asked her how many hits she gets a day, thinking that she had a huge following and might get as many as 300.

She pulled up her sitemeter and showed me, and I about fell on the floor.


30,000 hits a week. I have had this blog for over 3 years and I haven't had near that many hits in it's lifetime. That is incredible.


Congratulations Ashley and Whitney. I am SO proud of you!

post signature

3 comments:

Shanty 2 Chic said...

You're awesome... Thanks for the sweet post!!
~Whitney

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Aww thank you!!!!!! ~ Ashley

Tricia York said...

Wow! That's awesome! I'm a big fan of their blog - AMAZING stuff! You definitely have some crafty genes floating around your family!