Friday, April 17, 2009

Long Time

I think this is the longest time I have taken a break from blogging. Part of it is I just don't feel like I have much to say. We have been to a few new restaurants, but they were not too exciting to write about. One in Plano last weekend was pretty bad, but it appeared to be struggling and although I only have a following of about 8 people, I didn't want to write anything negative to hurt their business. I know sometimes people will google a restaurant name and everything that is written about them pops up. Especially in this economy, I don't want to hurt anyone.

The other reason I haven't written is that I have let myself get caught up in Facebook. My kids have been begging me to get on for a while and I finally took the plunge. My favorite thing about Facebook is that it is a two way conversation. So many times with blogging, it is a "spill you guts, throw it out there for everyone to read", with no feedback.

Today starts a busy 3 weeks for our family. Justin and Jordan are divorcing. I love to say that because when they live together, I refer to them as "your husband" or "your wife". Jordan wants to move closer to work, so they are each moving into houses with friends. The bad news is that they are moving from a 3rd floor apartment with twisting stairs and Pops gets to be the helper. And . . . it is raining. Yuk!

I hope by 5:00 p.m. he will still be able to move his body. He is planning to go to our church camp tomorrow for a "work day". I'm sure he will be in great shape by Sunday. I hope the moaning and groaning is not too bad.

Janelle will be moving in about 3 weeks. I think I am responsible for that move. Ugh!!! Best I can remember, when I moved, we did it ourselves and recruited friends. I don't remember my parents or in laws ever helping. I think we need to say "this is it, no more".

Justin will be moving in with us for 3 week because his friend's roommate is not moving out until then. Hey, maybe I will get my vacuum cleaner back that he borrowed a month ago. We have been home alone for a while, so this will be different. He has been given "the rules". I don't worry about him coming in all hours of the night anymore, I'm just worried about the house staying perfect.

Should be an interesting month!

post signature

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Just found your blog via a blog via 2 blog removed ;) I'm in Plano...I guess I've got to scroll through all your posts to find the "dish" on where to eat (we've only been here 2 years).