Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Restaurant Category - Breastaurants



Well, you learn something new everyday. Since I started this blog reviewing restaurants, I just had to write about this. I was just doing my favorite past time, reading the newspaper, and came across an article in the business section about a new category of restaurants. It is the "breastaurant" concept.

Hooters has been around for a long time. While other restaurants in our economy are not doing very well, Hooters is showing increased profits. Doing so well in fact, that their concept has been copied by others and they are being considered the "role model".

The Smoke Pit in Ft. Worth has been around for a long time and they are doing well. The owner claims the lunch rush on Friday is extremely busy. "They come in for the pork chop on Friday, it makes 'em crazy.

There are several new competitors in the area. Wing House, Sweetie Pies, Bone Daddy's and now, Twin Peaks, which opens this week about a mile from my house. Texas is the number one leader for "breastaurants". Texans are always so proud. We think everything is bigger and better in Texas.

I don't think I will be writing a review about any of these in the near future, but I am sure the food is fantastic. You know that is what everyone goes for! Just like the articles in Playboy.


post signature

5 comments:

KARA said...

I am ashamed to admit but I really like Bone Daddy's. I tell people when we go "if you can just get past the "exxxtra service" the food is really fantastic (and I'm a picky when it comes to bbq). A bunch of the guys here at work go to the Wing House every Tuesday...they claim it is because they get a double punch on their frequent eater cards on Tuesdays. I say they got the "double" part right - if you know what I mean!

Lolly said...

I love ribs, so I might just have to check out Bone Daddy's. Will you go with me? Maybe they will have a "double" special on ribs.

Cynthia said...

I love this post. Hilarious. You're right...leave it to Texas to do it bigger and better (and enhanced!).

JWhitt2251 said...

Mother, get a life!!! I have to agree with Kara. The bbq at bone daddy's is really good. Maybe you should get a job there so you can give us the inside details on "breastaurants" YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!

LOVE YOU!

Jennifer said...

Bone Daddy's has been around for quite some time and it is owned and operated by the guy responsible for Razzoo's. However the outfits the waitresses wear are a bit revealing, the BBQ is pretty good. I just commented on your Salt Lick post and I feel like I need to tell you to give Bone Daddy's a try. You may be pleasantly surprised!