Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The "B" Word

I am trying so hard not to use it. It is a big struggle. I like to be busy and active ALL the time, and this time of year, there is just nothing going on. It is especially exaggerated when we are just coming off of a busy three months.

The weather is not cooperating either. Dreary, cold, rainy days are not my favorite. So what did I do yesterday to try to combat my bordem?

Karsyn and I went to the gym for the first time in 3 months. Pops got me some new Skeechers for Christmas and after about 10 minutes, I could tell that I was getting a nasty blister. I lasted 20 minutes on the treadmill and decided to call a time out. My legs and feet were both dying.

If you read Jennifer's blog, you know she has been trying to potty train Karsyn, unsuccessfully. I hate potty training and diapers on a 2 3/4 year old are disgusting to me. Whenever we go to the gym, I always tell Karsyn, "No pooping at the gym", so I don't get called out. They don't change diapers. Surely she can hold it for 30 minutes.

No, not yesterday. I got her and she had a massive load. As we say, "Good thing she is cute."

I fed her lunch and put her down for a nap, and she took a really long one. What did I do with my free time? Clean out kitchen cabinets and put in new shelf paper. FUN.

Still trying not to use the "B" word.

The highlight of the day was watching "The Bachelor". Pops is not into TV, but he has gotten to where he will watch my shows just so we can be together. He used to read when I was watching them. It is much more fun to have someone to watch them with you and give a running commentary, than to watch it by yourself.

Today should be better. I don't know if I can make it to the gym. My legs and feet are dying. I have a 3 hour hair appointment, book club (I haven't even bought the book) and then Pops.


post signature

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

You watch The Bachelor?! I'm SO glad. I always have to watch by myself. This past episode was great drama. I sometimes have to say out loud, "WHAT?!" even though I'm all by myself. :-)