Saturday, December 20, 2008

Please Say A Prayer for Ted

Tina is my BFF. We have been friends for about 20 years. She has a big family and I feel like I am one of theirs. We have a blast when we are together, either in person or on the phone.




Her husband Ted, was diagnosed with Lymphoma about 4 years ago. He has gone through a lot of treatment, but unfortunately each time the lymphoma has relapsed. The Dr.'s have told him it is time to bring out the big guns.

Yesterday, he was admitted to the hospital. He will be having massive chemo for the next three days, then radiation, then on Christmas Eve, he will be having a stem cell transplant.

We think his donor is from Germany, so he has affectionately been named Hans. We told Ted he is going to wake up on Christmas morning speaking German. The next few weeks will be very difficult for Ted.

Please pray with me that he will feel great, retain his strength, keep up his appetite and make a full recovery. The hardest part for Ted will be laying around because he doesn't know how do to that. He is always very busy.

Frohe Weihnachten! Ted.


post signature

2 comments:

Gigi2 said...

Please tell Tina I will be praying. I don't know them well, but I know how close you and your family are to them. Keep us posted on his progress.

Lori said...

Your too sweet Lolly! Tina showed me how to click on other peoples blogs (I'm still new at this). I love your blog and your postings are interesting to read!