Friday, September 26, 2008

Shout Out to Amazon

Since Pops has an obsession for books, we order a lot from Amazon.com. I think he has some kind of membership that he pays a small annual fee for that gets us 2nd day priority FREE shipping. When we order from Amazon, not only do we have free shipping, but we do not pay any sales tax. Their merchandise is usually heavily discounted, so if we can be patient and wait a little bit, it is a great deal.


I usually think about buying something and it is a day or two before I make it to the store, so waiting on Amazon shipping is not a problem.


So, yesterday morning, I saw a book that I wanted to order for Pops. The retail price was $14.99. The Amazon price was $10.16, which included shipping and tax.


When I walked out this morning to get the mail, the book was on my front porch. I check the tracking on line and it came last night at 9:52. I ordered this book around 9:00 a.m., so that means from the time I ordered til I received it was about 12 hours. Amazing! This is a record. I highly recommend Amazon.com .


I copied this from my tracking info:

Ship Carrier:
A-1 Courier Services
Tracking Number:
AZ30595**
Status:
Delivered
Order #:
103-0366466-37394**


Order Date:
September 25, 2008
Shipment Date:
September 25, 2008
Destination:
Bedford, TX
Track your package

Date
Time
Location
Event Details
September 25, 2008
01:47:00 PM
Bedford TX

Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
September 25, 2008
02:54:00 PM
Bedford TX

Shipment received by carrier
September 25, 2008
09:52:00 PM
Bedford TX
Delivered


They don't just have movies, books and CD's. I have ordered some crazy thing on Amazon, like the Spike Seasoning and a scooter last Christmas.


post signature

2 comments:

Cristel said...

We LOVE amazon too. We have the "prime" membership as well. I get all sorts of stuff off there. Books, movies, games, toys, even a sweatshirt for my nephew last Christmas. They have it down to an exact science there. It's amazing to me too! A little creepy but still amazing.

KirkKrew said...

I think you got my kitchen vaccuum there too a couple of years ago! It's better than Wally World!