Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pick On My Friend

Well after my post about cell phones, I was hoping that I wouldn't lose any of my good friends. So far I think I am okay, but I still have one friend who hasn't read it. She is the person in the Celebrity Bakery lunch story.

Tuesday night, four of us got together to celebrate Jodi's birthday. We have not all been together since this time last year. We had a lot of catching up to do and were all excited to see each other.

We decided to go to Cuba Libre in Dallas - about a 30 minutes drive. Since I knew where I was going, I drove. We had not been in the car for 5 minutes when dear friend's (aka DF) cell phone rang. She answered and carried on a conversation for the next 20 minutes. She got so loud that the other three of us had to yell to be heard over her. I don't think it was an emergency. It was from her friend that is in the process of a long divorce. The marriage has been over for years. She was giving an update on the latest events.

That call ended, only because DF's boyfriend called. We got to the restaurant, valet parked, got settled at our table and she went to the bathroom to finish that call. We got our drinks and appetizers before DF made it to the table. She set her phone on the table and I cringed. I was afraid it was going to be one of those nights. She received a text from boyfriend, read it to us and then turned her phone off.

We had a great night, but the phone almost ruined it. I am glad she could find the off button, because I didn't know she knew how to use it. DF, if you are reading this, I do love you, just not your phone. I like to enjoy time with you and not share it with you while you are on the phone with other people.


post signature

No comments: