Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random and Out of Sync

I have been totally out of sync this past week. Pops went to Salt Lake City on Tuesday, so I decided to go to Abilene to see Janelle. I have not been to Abilene since last October. I hate the drive. It is only about 2 1/2 hours, but it is boring and I can't sit still for more than an hour. I wonder where my kids got their ADD from?

I took Landrie with me because she is great company and I knew Janelle would love to see her. We had a great time. We went shopping and ate a lot. Joe Allen's has always been one of my favorites and it was a big disappointment. We came home Thursday afternoon and then I waited all evening for Pops flight.

American Airlines is in trouble. It seems like lately, all of the flights are delayed and there are lots of mechanical problems. Both of Pops flights were delayed and on the outbound flight, he was delayed several hours and had to change planes. I am traveling soon and I am really dreading it. I don't want to plan any other flights in the near future until the airlines get their act together.

Sunday, Pops suggested we go to Possum Kingdom Lake to look around. He knows Sunday is my most boring day of the week and he was trying to make sure I was entertained. After we looked around at The Cliffs, we drove to Strawn, which is about 15 miles from PK. The only thing in Strawn (population 674) is a restaurant, Mary's. Mary's has the absolute best Chicken Fried Steak I have ever eaten. People come from many miles for the steak. This was our second time and it was even better than I remembered.

This week, both Jennifer and Lamar started back to school. Jennifer is a career prep teacher, so she has a longer contract. Lamar is a football coach, so he works 365 days a year, 22 hours a day. So, that means my summer vacation is over and I am watching the girls again. They have been so good and I have had a great time with them. I was a little bit worried that they would have an adjustment period going back to Lolly's rules, but they have done just fine.

Landrie spent a good portion of the day yesterday watching Christmas movies. She is obsessed with them. She watched Rudolph and Mr. Magoo's Christmas. I guess the snow looks really good to her considering we have been hitting the 105 - 107 mark.



post signature

2 comments:

Brea said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! That is not good news about the AA flights! We're using them for our "babymoon" in September so I hope they have it straightened out by then!

KARA @ THE HUFFMAN HOUSE said...

I want to be under "Lolly Rules"...those lucky girls!! :)