Monday, August 25, 2008

I Went To Camp

Just for 2 hours, but it was unbelievable! Take a look at the pictures here. I did not take my camera, but these pictures are even better because they show campers in action.

Approximately 2 years ago, my church was offered some land in Hawkins to use for a church camp. (1,100) acres. With lots of planning, donations and much hard work, it has turned into an incredible place. There was a grand opening yesterday that ended the 9 week camping season and we went to see what it was all about. I have seen pictures and heard stories, but they just don't do it justice. The cabins and bathrooms are 5 star (almost as good as the Bellagio), pools, zip lines, lazy rivers, horses, paintball, a lake with paddle boats and on and on and on.

And EVERYTHING has been done in the Fellowship way, with excellence. It makes me so proud to be a part of a such a great church. God does everything he does with excellence and that is the way we should do things.

Over 500 kids and teens have accepted Christ at camp this year. I can't wait until Landrie and Karsyn are old enough for camp.


post signature

No comments: