Monday, July 7, 2008

Is Blogging Good For Your Health?

When I started blogging a couple of years ago, I thought it was fun and interesting to read people's stories about their lives. I am interested in people. I have a subscription to People Magazine to prove it, and read every word in it.

When I first started reading blogs, I was struck by the comradorie among fellow bloggers. If someone was hurting or had a need, many people would step up to the plate and encourage, pray and even set up funds for donations that were needed. I have done all of these things. These people are virtual strangers. You only know them from their heartfelt stories and emails.

I have been amazed how such a huge world can become so small. I will be reading a favorite blog and realize that the person is somehow connected to another blog I read and it just goes on and on.

BooMama is one of the first blogs I ever read. In this post, she describes all of these girls she met at the Deeper Still conference. I have been reading several of these blogs for a long time.

Another blog that I connected with is a girl from my area, who happens to be named Janelle. I first sent her a comment when I saw that she had the same name as my daughter and lived close by. We have not met in person, but have talked about meeting for lunch. Her best friend is Amanda (aka Beth Moore's daughter) and she talks about meeting BooMama at the same conference here.

Another group of blogs that I have read for a long time are several Mom's who have lost babies in the past year, shortly after birth. I read several of these everyday as they poured their hearts out as they were going through so much. They are from all over the US and formed a bond through blogs and emails and guess where they met up? At the same conference. These 8 women had never met in person before and spent the weekend together, with matching t-shirts. Read about it here.

Are you starting to see the connections?

My other group of blogs that I love to read are mothers of multiples, especially quads. One of the first I started reading was Suz. She lives close by and she looks and talks like Jordan's best friend in high school. Through Suz, I started reading other multiple blogs and look what happened here.

These people would have never met if it had not been for blogs. Their lives have been so blessed because they had someone helping them who was going through the same situation. I don't think any of these people had any idea 2 years ago that they would be so connected.

God did. He had it planned all along. Not only is blogging good for your health, I think it is good for your heart too.


post signature

2 comments:

Janelle & Ella said...

Oh, this is such a sweet post. I have goosebumps. You are so right, it has been such a blessing to "meet" people I never would have if it wasn't for our blogs. After my Africa trip, we should meet for lunch like we talked about. :-) It would be so fun! We still live right by that Bailey's and I think about you everytime I pass it, which is often. :-)

gigi said...

That is an amazing post! I am going back to read more!
Thanks.