Monday, March 17, 2008

I Can Only Imagine

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for your Jesus, or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself, standing in the Son
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine

I love this song, "I Can Only Imagine". It is so real to me. I do not cry easily, but this song always brings tears to my eyes when I think of the true meaning. When I stand in front of my Heavenly Father, I can't imagine what my reaction will be. Will I dance, will I fall to my knees, will I sing Hallelujah or will I be speechless? I truly can't imagine.

As I write this, I am thinking about Jim. Just a couple of hours ago, he met Jesus in person. Is he dancing and singing or is he speechless? While there is a party in Heaven, there is great sadness and loss on earth for his family and friends.

Tonight as he was getting prepped for surgery for his second liver transplant, his heart gave out. Please keep Pat and Chris, and his family in your prayers.

Lord, I pray that you will comfort them, and give them peace that passes all understanding. I pray that you will fill the hole in their hearts like nothing else can do.

1 comment:

Brea said...

Oh Laura, I just saw your post this AM. I am so sad for Jim's family. I lost a very close friend to a heart attack a couple of weeks ago. The thing that got me through was knowing that he had a wonderful relationship with Christ. I do hope that Jim's relationship with the Lord will bring his family comfort during these hard times.