Monday, February 11, 2008

Ramblings and Questions Part 3

I went to San Antonio with Pops last week. He had a conference and I tagged along. This is our favorite way to travel because all we have to pay for is my airfare. It is such a blessing.

A few years ago, one of our favorite restaurants closed in Ft. Worth, Water Street Seafood. They still have two locations open, one in Corpus and another in San Antonio. Whenever we get a chance to go to San Antonio, that is the highlight of our trip. When we landed, we headed straight to Water Street, and just before we came home we stopped by again.

We always get the same thing; the wedge salad with creamy walnut salad dressing and the crawfish chicken. When I took the first bite, it melted in my mouth and tasted just like I remembered it. I have the recipe for the dressing and have made it before. I need to do that again.

I have the recipe for the chicken and have also made it, but it is very labor intensive and time consuming. The chicken is stuffed with bell peppers and onions, shrimp, crawfish and pepper jack cheese. It is grilled and then served with an andouille cream sauce. The sauce is a creamy base with andouille sausage, cajun seasonings crawfish and pepper jack cheese. It is so good. One of my all time favorite dishes.

That was the highlight of my trip.

That brings me to the question that I was asked about. How many pairs of shoes do I have? This is always an issue when we travel. Pops says we have to have an extra suitcase for my shoes.

I can not even begin to count the pairs. In black flip flops alone, there are probably 20 pairs. I have so many that some of mine are stored in the garage because I "might" wear them again and I don't have room in my closet. I love shoes.

I bought another pair of black flip flops yesterday and I have picked out a pair of Steve Madden high healed sandles that Pops is getting me for Valentines day. (In black of course, because you can't have too many pairs of black shoes) Two pairs in a week is not too bad.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Lolly, I just love your blog. We are going to SA the 23rd and I am going to see if Ed will take me to the restaurant. Sounds delicious!!
I loved reading about your shoes....I was just saying I needed to go shoe shopping. My Spring sandals are out of date and I need about 5 more pair. Wish me luck!!