Friday, February 1, 2008

Questions - Part 2

I am back on the questions again after a short break. I don't know that the answers will be too interesting, but here it goes.

What crazy thing have I done that I am proud of? I don't have anything exciting at all, but some of the stuff I have done people would think was crazy.

Crazy is getting up at 2:30 a.m. to leave the house at 3:00 a.m. to drive to Duncanville to line up and buy Beanie Babies that were being put out at 6:00 a.m. Back in the Beanie days, the hunt was so much fun. I stood in many lines just to get the latest one.

We have been known to drive for hours just to check out a restaurant. I remember one Saturday, we left our house at 10:00 a.m. with our family and my sisters family in their suburban. We could not all fit in the car because I had 4 kids and she had 5. We drove for hours to south east Texas and didn't get home until after midnight. We were known for doing crazy things like that, just to have fun.

Another crazy thing I do (I am embarassed to admit this one) is that I am an ambulance chaser. I remember when there was a crash at DFW. I had a Dr.'s appointment for tubes for Jordan and Janelle in Ft. Worth, but I had to detour to the airport just so I could see what was going on. There was another time that we went and parked and watched a hostage situation. My kids hate to admit it, but they are hooked too. They will act like they don't care and are annoyed by me, but the minute they see something going on they will tell me to follow.

Following can be a good thing. Back in 1986, I went to LA with my Mom and Dad. We took Jordan with us because she was 2 and the other kids were in school. My Dad was working there for a week and I told my Mom I would go with her and show her around. As we were driving one afternoon, we saw a ton of limos. I talked my Dad into following them and we ended up at the Grammy awards. It was so much fun. My Mom and I sat in the bleachers and took pictured of the "stars" walking the red carpet.

Another crazy thing I did on this trip, was go home early. We were supposed to be there from Sunday until Friday. By Wednesday, I was so homesick for Pops. I missed him so bad. I couldn't stand it any longer and took a flight home on Thursday.

The only other crazy thing I can think of happened about 5 years ago. Jan, Jodi and I were in Nashville for Fan Fair with 3 of Hearts. We got some "bubba teeth" and walked all around downtown Nashville with our teeth in until 4:00 a.m. We would have our mouths closed and then walk by people and all smile at the same time. The reactions were hysterical. Some people would bust out laughing, and other would just stare because they didn't know if they were real or not. We laughed our heads off all night long. I know there are people out there that don't believe you could have so much fun without drinking, but we did.

Crazy times, but now that I think about it, some are a little embarassing.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Like I said.....you are one cool grandma!!
Bubba teeth? Now, I would have liked a picture of you with bubba teeth!! Enjoyed the post!!