Friday, November 16, 2007

I Am Still Here - Just Random Things

It has been a long time. I am still here, just been busy with lots of other things. About 6 weeks ago, I caught the scrapbooking bug and have put a lot of time into "collecting" stuff. I decided I could never get caught up with albums for my kids, so I would make cards. Donna, Kathy, Tina and I have all been doing it together along with some work on canvas and having a blast.

We haven't made much, but we sure have been having fun collecting all the stuff. We even have a blog where we have pictures, but I won't reveal it until my blog designer gets it finished.

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get stuff done around the house. I had the bright idea to change out my entry hall light fixture. I decided to go ahead and change out some fans while I was at it. I can't get anyone to hang it. The first two gave me bids of $700 just to hang the one fixture. I am on my 3rd electrician and I am getting tired of all the boxes in the garage. Hopefully he will work out.

I spent a good part of the week putting up my Christmas decorations. I love having them up, but I don't enjoy doing the work. I like to have everything done before Thanksgiving. Little Karsyn and Landrie have had fun redecorating. They don't like where I have placed everything and want to have it their way. I have had to pull out the vacuum cleaner every day this week to sweep up broken ornaments. At the rate we are going, the tree will be empty by Christmas!

Janelle had a wreck and totaled her car, so I have been trying to buy another one and get the insurance settlement worked out before she comes home for Thanksgiving.

Pops and I will soon be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary. We are going to Vegas. I have been working on reservations for the trip.

All good things, but I have had my mind on other things than eating at new and exciting places.

With Thanksgiving coming soon, I am reminded so often of how much I have to be thankful for. All of these things are just material things that are at times not fun to deal with, but I am blessed to have a roof over my head and the ability to deal with them. There are so many people in this world that don't have food, clothing or shelter. I have a wonderful family that I am so thankful for and I am blessed.

1 comment:

Janelle & Ella said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry your daughter had an accident!!!
I'm glad you are doing well. I can't wait to see the new blog and all the stuff you ladies have created!